If you haven’t tried it- you’re missing out! This has been the coolest thing so far that I have ever cooked/baked in my life. I love baking cupcakes but this rainbow cake was something else. I looked up a couple of recipes that people have posted online, and found one that I was extremely curious about: using Sprite (yes, the soda) to substitute for the eggs,water, etc. At my first try at this, I decided to go for this recipe, assuming it would come out great. After the cake was complete, it was not what I expected it to look like (needless to say, this is why I will NOT post a picture of it on here, lol). Therefor, I recommend for anyone trying to bake a rainbow cake to please follow the regular instructions if you are not a pro baker!
I finally accomplished the rainbow cake on my second try at it and I was pretty pleased with myself. Make sure to get your friends or family involved while the process is still ongoing because it makes it more fun (I’m all about getting others involved in the projects that I accomplish) and you might even motivate them to try other things on their own.
Here are a few tips when preparing for the baking process:
- Make sure to purchase a flat pan ( that way the batter comes out evenly and smoothly unto the pan and the colors are spread out)
- Purchase food coloring, any food coloring
- Purchase the WHITE CAKE mix (not vanilla, not funfetti)
- Follow the directions with the food coloring
- Make sure to pour the batter in each cup EVENLY
- Try purchasing a really fun bright colored icing to make the cake pop even more (they’ve got a hot pink vanilla icing at Target)